Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Good Backup Training Plan

Woke up early at 4.30am this morning with the eagerness and excitement to do a good quality LSD at Bkt. Aman. This is part of my preparation for the upcoming Penang Bridge Half-marathon with only 3 weeks to go. However to my dissapoinment, I was greeted by the sound of heavy rain which can be heard from the window of my room. Arghh... *crying out in my heart*. I'm lacking in LSDs and there's only 3 weeks left for me to prepare. Recently, my training has been focused mostly on speed training without much emphasis on long distance. Well, just hope that my stamina is not affected by much due to the lack of distance training.

So, after resumed sleeping for another 3hrs, I turned to the Plan B training program. It is the resistant band which I've bought from Julie a few weeks ago. This has been a reliable tool for me so far especially in times when running is not possible, just like today.

Here's something you need to know about the resistant band. According to some sports researchers recently, performing an hour of exercise with a resistant band offers much higher benefits and improvement to our core muscles and strength development as compared to weights. This is because resistant training doesn't require the aid of gravity. In weights, usually it is the lifting which makes it difficult for us and too much weights makes our joints prone to injury as well.

The extension and retraction motions of resistant band simultaneously works out our muscles where the further the band is extended, the more resistant it is being applied to our body. With some creativity, many different forms of exercise can be performed with it where total body workout can be easily achieved.

Praise God for another beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment